There are numerous funding streams out there, if you know where to look. This section should hopefully give you some idea of a few streams that could benefit your cricket club.
First port of call is quite often your local authority, county council or parish council, a well thought out plan and approach to these bodies can result in important funds.
Please follow the links below for information on funding from different bodies, alternatively, please contact your Cricket Development Manager for more information.
- Information on England and Wales Cricket Trust - Interest Free Loan Scheme
- ECB Grant Aid Scheme
- Jewson Privilege Account Scheme – Pay in £100 into a Jewson Account and receive £400 extra (NatWest Cricket Force registered clubs only)
- Inspired Facilities – Modernise and open up facilities for community sport – funding for Rain Water Harvesting Systems, new insulation, high efficiency boilers and more.
- Protecting Playing Fields – To protect and improve playing fields, developing opportunities for community sport. If you want to improve your playing field or are looking to add or move to a new site, this fund could be an option.
- SportsMatch – Sportsmatch makes awards of between £1,000 and £100,000 to match pound for pound commercial sponsorship that helps to deliver new projects or sustain participation in sport. PLEASE NOTE THAT SPORTSMATCH FUNDING IS CURRENTLY CLOSED.
- Sport England Small Grants Scheme - Sport England’s Small Grants Scheme uses lottery funding to make awards of between £300 to £10,000 to support local community sport projects that seek to increase participation, sustain participation or develop opportunities for people to excel at their chosen sport.
The Lord's Taverners – As well as providing opportunities for young people and disabled people to take part in sport, the Lord’s Taverners can also help your club.
- Cricket Kit Bags - You can apply for a kit bag that provides enough kit for your entire XI (bats, pads, gloves, helmets, stumps, balls etc). For a small outlay of £40 you can receive all of this kit.
Youth (U16) Hard Ball - £40
Girls (15-18yrs) Hard Ball - £40
Colts (U13) Hard Ball - £40
Junior (U11) Hard Ball £40
Soft Ball (6-11yrs) Free
- Non-Turf Pitches - Having a non-turf pitch, practice area and nets is essential for a young player's development as they provide a safe, quality facility where th ey can receive coaching to improve their skills.
Active Sussex – Active Sussex look to support all sports clubs in any way they can and funding is one area that they focus on. For more information please visit the Active Sussex Website.