Volunteering is very rewarding and has great benefits for both the club and individual. If you are thinking about seeking a new job, entering university, starting a new school, working in sport or generally improving yourself, cricket clubs can provide the perfect opportunity to help you reach your goals and objectives.
For more information on volunteering at your cricket club, please visit the volunteering section of the ECB website.
The NatWest OSCA’s seek to give recognition to those who keep the recreational and grass roots game alive with their passion, enthusiasm and drive.
It looks to reward those who have gone above and beyond their role within the club, to enable their club to thrive.
ALL nominees (subject to space restrictions) will be invited to an evening at the BrightonandHoveJobs.com County Ground on the evening of Friday 19th September 2014 and will include:
- Official Award presentation
- Guest speaker Tony Cottey
- Complimentary three course dinner and champagne reception
- Cricket based Quiz and Prizes
Please take the time to nominate a representative(s) from your club that you think deserves the accolade of the Sussex winner in one of the following:
- Behind the Scenes
- Young Volunteer
- Officials Award
- NatWest CricketForce
- Leagues & Boards
- Building Partnerships
- Groundsman Award (Sussex Award)
- Lifetime Achiever
Each winner of the Sussex categories will be invited to Lord’s on Monday 6th October 2014 for the National OSCA’s ceremony.
For more information on the nomination criteria and the nomination forms, please see the documents below (with the exception of the Groundsman Award where we are looking for those who have delivered a high level of groundsmanship over a long period of time i.e. in excess of 10 years).
To try and make things easier for you, there are TWO ways to nominate:
• If you feel the individual should be in with a chance of winning the County, and potentially the National OSCA, then please complete the nomination form in full.
• If you feel the individual should be invited to the OSCAs event, but you are happy for them not to be considered for as a Category Award Winner, then no need to include a citation, just their details.
Please return ALL nominations to email@example.com no later than Wednesday 6th August (close of business, 5pm).
We cannot accept any late nominations as the adjudicating panel is sitting on Thursday 7th August.
2014 OSCAs NOMINATION CRITERIA