Chance to Shine is a programme set up by the Cricket Foundation to increase the amount of competitive cricket in state Schools. The programme is driven and delivered primarily by cricket clubs that apply to the SCB to deliver a Chance to Shine scheme and if successful are given funding to deliver a number of hours coaching in around 6 local state schools for a 5 year period.
If you would like your school or club to be part of the programme, please contact your Cricket Development Manager.
For more background information on Chance to Shine click here.
This programme has been designed to give Primary Teachers or those working within Key Stage 2 the confidence to deliver cricket using a variety of small sided games and practices which can be delivered indoors and outdoors with limited cricket facilities. The course length is 4 hours.
The course will provide teachers with the opportunity to:
- Review and practice their coaching process or how-2 coach skills.
- Consider how aspects of knowledge at KS2 can be integrated into cricket.
- Integrate and apply key education aspects (KS2) within cricket coaching sessions.
- Practice using the Howzat! Resource to plan for and deliver cricket specific games and practices.
- Deliver micro-coaching and receive high quality feedback.
- Reflect on their skills and knowledge and build an action plan to support their professional development.
Who is it for?
Qualified teacher status; working towards a teacher education qualification or anyone working within education directly supporting the learner (Adults Other Than Teachers – AOTTs).