A new and exciting opportunity has arisen for 14 volunteers to be involved with one of the most successful Cricket Clubs in the country. The purposes of theses roles is to promote Sussex Cricket to all communities across Sussex, to encourage greater participation through playing, watching or supporting cricket in Sussex, and to bring benefits to those communities..
The Ambassador Initiative has been designed to widen the reach of Sussex County Cricket Club and Sussex Cricket Board (Sussex Cricket) and to improve two-way communications within all parts of the County. Accordingly, one ambassador will be recruited in each of the following Areas:
|Arun||Adur||Brighton & Hove||Chichester||Horsham|
We would also be interested to hear from those with an interest in Sussex Cricket who could undertake an Ambassador role within the City of London.
We are looking for motivated communicators who are passionate about their community, and have strong existing networks within that Area. The successful applicants will utilize these networks to both communicate the activities of Sussex Cricket to a wider audience, and to provide opinions and suggestions from the communities about how we can make Sussex Cricket a club for all the residents of Sussex.
The successful candidates will also have an interest in cricket, be a proactive self starter, be happy to work on their own but have the ability to work towards a team goal.
These are new roles and are intended to evolve over time.
For further information regarding the role, please visit our website a.
www.sussexcricket.co.uk. To apply, please send a covering letter setting out how you meet the requirements of the person specification, along with your CV, to Faye Russell, Corporate Social Responsibility and Partnerships Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is February 28th 2014.
You can download the job description here.
Job Title: Sussex Cricket Ambassador
Term: 1 year initially – followed by review
The purpose of this role is to promote Sussex Cricket in a particular Area in the County, to encourage greater participation through playing, watching or supporting cricket in Sussex and to bring benefits to those communities through cricket.
- Use existing and newly formed links and networks within the Area, which allow the Ambassador to communicate opportunities and activities at Sussex County Cricket Club (SCCC) and cricket-based activities within the local communities. Such communications will be in a variety of forms.
- Use those same links to understand the needs of the Area, including where cricket in some form may provide an intervention that would be of benefit to members of that community.
- Build links with the Local Authority(s) in the Area.
- Build links with the local cricket clubs in the Area.
- Work closely with the CSR & Partnerships Manager and the rest of the Ambassador Team to continually formulate plans to achieve objectives. This will include quarterly meetings, which will be attended by the Sussex Cricket Chief Executive.
- Liaise with the two Sussex Cricket charities – Sussex Cricket Community Trust and Sussex Cricket World.
The Ambassador’s primary lines of accountability will be with the Sussex Cricket Chief Executive and the Corporate Social Responsibility & Partnerships Manager.
- Through locally driven communication and initiatives, to demonstrate new interest and participation in Sussex Cricket either through increased membership of Sussex County Cricket Club and attendance at SCCC events, or increased participation in various forms.
- By promoting Sussex Cricket, to enhance the interest of local businesses to engage with SCCC through funding or sponsorship.
This is a voluntary role but has the following benefits:
- Free SCCC membership;
- A complimentary lunch with Chief Executive, key staff and fellow Ambassadors at SCCC;
- A photograph and biography on the Sussex Cricket website.